When you are going to hold an international business meeting, one of the important things you must take care of is the business interpretation service. It is not easy to conduct a business meeting and if the participants speak different languages then the level of difficulty increases. To facilitate clear and effective communication and allow participants to understand the language, you need to have a communication facilitator, which is the job of a commercial interpreter.
You will realize the value of commercial interpreting services especially when your meeting involves closing deals and signing business contracts. You should work with an experienced and accredited translation agency in commercial interpretation.
Furthermore you need to keep in mind that in terms of workflow, both the translator and the interpreter translate words from the source language into the target language. However, an interpreter deals with the spoken word while a translator deals with the written word. So make no mistake when you know that the job of an interpreter includes translating spoken words from the source language into the target language.
Note: Precise and reputable translation of commercial documents
Purpose of Commercial Interpreting Service
Business interpretation becomes an important tool when you are organizing a meeting or conference that will be attended by people who speak different languages. Interpreting for business meetings will help you facilitate communication. Interpreters ensure that each conference participant can understand what is being presented or discussed in the meeting and ensure that they grasp the true meaning of the speeches in their own language.
Offering interpretation services during an international business meeting shows that you care about your participants and colleagues. You understand that they need to understand what's going on in the meeting even if you don't speak a common language. Moreover, it shows that you are serious about making the meeting a success.
Note: International Marketing: How Nike Expands Globally
Things To Do Before A Business Meeting
You must remember that you should hire industry-specific commercial interpretation services. They understand your industry better and are familiar with industry terminology, so they can provide and ensure accurate feedback for translation services. In some cases, they may need to answer participants' questions or even mediate meeting-related conversations.
After you have found a commercial interpreting service provider, the first thing you should do is organize a meeting in advance to establish the necessary conditions for the meeting. This initial meeting will help remove all miscommunication, misconceptions, and unwanted expectations.
Note: Your Ultimate Guide to Doing Business in Southeast Asia
Furthermore, this meeting will help you understand the interpreting process and discuss how to better fit the business meeting and meet the needs of the participants. This is the time to discuss the meeting agenda, structure, and language needed. A translation agency can help you better plan your seating arrangements and look through terms and phrases that are not easy to explain or translate.
When discussing language requirements, you need to know the languages of all delegates or participants. This would be of great help to the interpreters if you could also tell them where the participants were from, as some languages have specific jargon inherent to a particular region, to help The translation company finds a suitable interpreter who speaks the language/jargon fluently, ensuring the accuracy of the translation.
Use the initial meeting to discuss the main points of the discussion or presentation. Show them your plan so they can help you identify some of the issues that might affect the translation. Give them copies of prepared speeches so they can study and familiarize themselves with the content and key messages. All this helps interpreters to do their job with better understanding and interpretation along with trust.
It is important for clients to understand that they should allot time to meet with interpreters. The meeting should not be rushed. You should go over all the points to be discussed and make the necessary modifications and changes, as these can help you and them better plan and prepare for the business meeting.
Once you have agreed all of the information with your commercial interpreting service provider, you can tailor your plan based on what has been discussed with the interpreters.
In addition, you should announce that interpreters will be present at the meeting to all participants in the meeting. If commercial interpreting services are only available in specific languages, check which specific languages participants are speaking. Some of the participants may be bilingual and they will have time to change their presentation into another language.
Note: Guide to Expanding International Market
Commercial interpretation, like any other type of interpreting service, is a complex undertaking that requires expertise and experience. Furthermore, this job requires specialized knowledge and fluency in the required languages. Commercial interpreters can use simultaneous interpretation or follow-up, especially if there are large crowds. On the other hand, silent interpreting is another form of interpreting service that can be used for informal business meetings where only a few people attend.
Business interpretation is becoming more important because the market is increasingly globalized and the success of international meetings depends on the integrity of the understanding between the participants. Commercial interpreters are used for business meetings, sourcing for overseas suppliers, staff training, personnel consulting, overseas business visits and international transactions in China. new markets.
Top Features of Commercial Interpreting
These are the hallmarks of commercial interpreting – a complex and demanding job that requires fluency not only in the native language but also the language and business terminology, awareness of cultural differences and experience, expertise and professionalism to provide the most accurate commercial interpretation services customers require.
- Interpreters simplify communication where foreigners are present, even though the delegates speak different languages. Professional business interpreters need to choose words, nuances of language, and terminology to provide a complete delivery.
- Commercial interpreters ensure that participants can express themselves in their own language and understand discussions or presentations in the native language.
- Interpreters ensure that everything related to the translation of speeches, presentations, speeches or conversations is handled properly so that the participants can focus on the ongoing meeting.
- They work in different contexts and can handle business negotiations, training sessions or study visits.
- In large meetings and conferences, the simplest and most effective interpretation solution is parallel interpretation. This is the most complex but versatile type of interpreter. The parallel interpreter is very fluent in the source and target languages. They must be subject matter experts as they must draw on specific business domain knowledge and expertise, with a deep understanding of specific business/industry terminology. They have no interest in looking at dictionaries or other references while interpreting. Providing their translation of what was said involved a very short distance from the time of transfer and translation. They interpret from the soundproof room, use headphones to hear the speaker and translate as he or she speaks. Specific language speakers hear the translation through their headphones in real time.
- A commercial interpreter has the potential to improve business negotiations. But as media facilitators, interpreters also carry a huge responsibility not only about their language fluency. They must also be aware of cultural nuances, as well as the subtleties of language. These two factors are very important for business negotiations and communication between meeting participants.
The interpreter must be a good listener and speaker. Interpreters are very demanding, so they are extremely focused on conveying exactly what the speaker is saying. They also require fluency in the business language in addition to fluency in the target language, as they must translate messages accurately and quickly into another language.
- Interpreters should also understand cultural sensitivities. This is not just about language. Interpreters must be able to interpret nonverbal cues, subtle body language, and other verbal cues from the speaker, to ensure the accuracy of interpretation. Understanding cultural differences is important for communicating the speaker's intentions and messages correctly. For example, a Japanese businessman avoids expressing negative things directly, so during negotiations he may say tabun, which is a sign that he is not willing to consider the proposal. . An English-speaking businessman would think that there is still an opportunity because it can replace direct rejection.
Whether you need commercial interpretation or commercial translation services, make sure you are hiring the most professional and reputable translation company. Idichthuat is a professional translation company providing a full range of language services to domestic and international clients. We have a network of professional interpreters and translators from home and abroad. All are experts – people with many years of experience in the field of translation. With the above sharing, Idichthuat believe that you have got the first choice to find a professional - fast - quality translation company.